Our birds are juicy, flavorful, and sold fresh. We’ve been told they’re some of the best around!
Purchasing one of our tasty, local, pasture raised Thanksgiving turkey is a wonderful holiday tradition and a superb way to support NCOF.
TURKEYS SOLD OUT FOR 2021
- NCOF raises large domestic white turkeys every year and processes them in time for Thanksgiving Dinners.
- Our birds are allowed to roam, graze, and romp on the Farm’s organic pastures.
- You are welcome to come and visit our turkeys at the farm any day during daylight hours.
- Our birds will be slaughtered at a USDA-inspected poultry processing facility here in New England.
- Our dressed turkeys tend to weigh between 14 and 24 pounds.
- We cannot predict at what weights the birds will dress out, but will do our best to match you with a bird in your desired weight range.
- Our birds sell for $7.00 pound, based on the cost of organic grain, plus a $25 slaughtering fee.
- Current Farm Members may enter the drawing for our limited number of 2021 turkeys before 10:00 am October 1.
- The drawing will take place at noon on Friday October 1.
- Selected participants will have until October 15 to place a $40 nonrefunable deposit to secure their bird.
- Limit 1 bird per customer.
- 2021 Birds will be distributed frozen.
- This year, we are requesting a 2-pound weight range from each customer and matching up customers with their birds prior to pick up once we get a weight sheet back from the processor. Balances must be paid off before pick up on Tuesday, November 9 2:30-6:00 pm.
- Pick up veggies, pork, sausage for stuffing, and other farm treats to complete your meal.
- Deposits are nonrefundable.
- To brine or not to brine, that is the question. Some of our customers swear by brine; others don’t. A quick internet search will provide many cooking options.
- Whichever method you choose, we highly recommend using a digital thermometer to avoid overcooking your bird. NCOF birds cook more quickly than ones from the supermarket.