We are sold out of fresh birds for 11/24. If you’d like to, please add yourself to our google doc waitlist. (Click link below)
If you are flexible and are willing to take a bird of any size, you will have a better chance of getting one. Birds under 15 pounds, however, are always in high demand and in short supply.
Our birds are juicy, flavorful, and sold fresh. We’ve been told they’re some of the best around!
Purchasing one of our tasty, local, pasture raised Thanksgiving turkey is a wonderful holiday tradition and a superb way to support NCOF.
In 2020, you will be able to reserve bird pick up on one of two dates: Saturday, November 7 or Tuesday, November 24, which you will choose when you make your reservation.
Current NCOF members have priority on ordering birds from August 15 to October 1. Purchases are gated. Join to take advantage of this!
- NCOF raises 170 large domestic white turkeys every year and processes them in time for Thanksgiving Dinners.
- Our birds are fed organic grains from their day of hatching and allowed to roam, graze, and romp on the Farm’s organic pastures.
- You are welcome to come and visit our turkeys at the farm any day during daylight hours.
- This year, our birds will be slaughtered at two USDA-inspected poultry processing facilities here in New England.
- Customers will be able to reserve birds for early pick up on Monday, November 9, or our traditional “Turkey Tuesday,” Tuesday, November 24.
- Our dressed turkeys tend to weigh between 16 and 35 pounds.
- This year, since we are having two pick up dates, we expect to have more smaller birds on November 9.
- We do not take reservations for birds of a particular weight, because we cannot predict at what weights the birds will dress out.
- Our birds sell for $5.00 pound, based on the cost of organic grain,
plus a $20 slaughtering fee.
- A $40 advance deposit is required to hold your bird.
- Current Farm Members have priority sign up August 15- October 1.
- Current Farm Members receive priority ordering for NCOF turkeys between August 15-October 1 as a benefit of membership. We often sell out during this time.
- A $40 nonrefundable deposit is required to reserve your bird.
- To check the status of your membership, check your account on our online registration system. (Click the “My Account” in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.) If you get stuck, email us.
- Birds are sold fresh.
- This year, we are reqesting a 4-pound weight range from each customer and matching up customers with their birds prior to pick up once we get a weight sheet back from the processor. Balances must be paid off before pick up.
- Customers will select their bird(s) on the date they chose when placing the deposit. Sorry, but reservation dates are not transferable.
- Saturday, November 7, at the NCOF workshop, 11 am- 3 pm. Balance due upon pick up.
- “Turkey Tuesday,” November 24, from the top of the NCOF driveway, 2:30-6:00 pm. Balance will be billed 11/23 must be paid before 11/24 2:30 pm. 11/24 birds are now sold out with a waiting list.
- Cash, check, or credit card accepted.
- Pick up veggies, pork, sausage for stuffing, and other farm treats to complete your meal.
- Deposits are nonrefundable.
- To brine or not to brine, that is the question. Some of our customers swear by brine; others don’t. A quick internet search will provide many cooking options.
- Whichever method you choose, we highly recommend using a digital thermometer to avoid overcooking your bird. NCOF birds cook more quickly than ones from the supermarket.