CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture, a concerted effort between grower and consumer to make local food and farm products more sustainable for all involved. By buying a share at the beginning of the season, before crops are even planted, you are making an investment in future harvests of healthy fresh vegetables, beautiful fresh flowers, and meats.
- Flower Bouquet Shares are a privilege of Farmer ($50) Membership.
- Small Vegetable Shares are a privilege of Farmer ($50) Membership.
- Large vegetable shareholders must have a Crofter ($125) membership.
How to sign up
- If you are a current member of NCOF, log into your account, and choose “CSA” from the top navigation bar.
- To become member of NCOF, or to renew your expired membership, you’ll need to pay for a membership before signing up for the CSA.
- Large vegetable shares, small vegetable shares, and bouquet shares will not appear in the store unless you are signed into your membership account.
Have questions? Reach out to [email protected]
- Cost: $412.
- Choose Mondays or Wednesdays.
- Duration: 20 weeks, starting around Memorial Day. Start date may shift due to weather. We will confirm one week prior via email.
- Shares distributed in reusable cloth bags
- Helpful weekly e-newsletter provides recipes and storage tips.
- $50 Current Farmer membership required.
- Cost: $618.
- Pick up: Thursdays after 3 pm from our root cellar.
- Duration: 20 weeks, starting around Memorial Day. Our start date may shift due to weather. We will confirm one week prior via email.
- Shares distributed in reusable cloth bags.
- NEW: choose a few items each week from our Choice table.
- Helpful weekly e-newsletter provides storage tips and recipes.
- $125 Current Crofter membership required.
With this card you can get a taste of every cut of our humanely raised, organically fed, free-range animals. Punch cards are available for beef, pork, or for all the meat the farm produces. Pick up your cuts when you want them and in the order you want. These make excellent gifts for the adventurous eater in your life. Some items are limited and go fast. NCOF reserves the right to substitute a cut of meat of equal value in the case of depleted inventory. We’re happy to work with any reasonable special requests or if you’d like a combination of cuts within a category. 3 options for the punch card include: Nose to Tail Pork ($150), Nose to Tail Beef ($200), and Omnivore’s Delight ($450). Email [email protected] with questions or to sign up!
- Cost: $309
- Pick up: Mondays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays after 3 pm
- Duration: 20 weeks, starting around Memorial Day, depending on the weather. We will confirm the start of the CSA one week prior via email.
- Weekly pick ups from the NCOF root cellar
- No membership required.
- You can save $40 by bundling your flower CSA with a vegetable CSA. Email [email protected] to find out how.
- Choose 20 weeks for $618, or 15 weeks for $463.50, Monday or Thursday delivery.
- Flower selection will change weekly according to what we’ve harvesting.
- Flowers are arranged in water, in recycled glassware.
- Most of the flowers in our arrangements will last two weeks if you clean the vase, change the water, and trim the stems.
- Arrangement height and width can be customized for where it will be displayed.
- Delivery limited to within 5 miles of NCOF, as determined by Google maps; extra delivery charge will apply for farther afield.
- Please email [email protected]rg with specific questions.
How many pounds of vegetable will I get each week in my veggie share? We actually don’t determine your share size by pounds, because leafy crops like lettuce weigh very little, while root crops like potatoes weigh a lot. Instead, we base share size on what we’re harvesting from the fields and the cumulative dollar-value of the vegetables that we put in your share every week. Our shares tend to start out on smaller size, with cool-season greens, and then increase in size as the weather warms, and more crops come in. If we have a great growing season, you will get lots more stuff! If it’s a challenging growing season, then you’ll get less. We track the dollar-value of every item that goes into your share each week. On average, by the end of the season, NCOF’s CSA customers receive between 5% and 10% more dollars-worth of food than what they paid for their shares. This is our way of saying thank you for investing in our farm through our CSA program.
How will I know what’s coming in the share? Will I get salad greens every week? Our weekly e-newsletter will let you know what to expect in your share. You will get plenty of greens, but you will not get lettuce or salad every week, since they generally do not thrive during hot weather.
How late in the day can I pick up my share? You can come on your pick up day until dusk, which is pretty late in the summer. We ask you not to come after dark because people live here to help with farm security and we need to respect their privacy.
What happens to my share if I can’t get it on pick up day? We get that life sometimes gets busy. Please do your best to get here on your designated pick-up day, or to send a friend, because that’s when your food will be freshest and at its most nutritious. We will leave unclaimed shares in the root cellar for 24 hours. After that, they will get unpacked and redistributed. Sorry, but we do not have make-up shares for missed pick ups.
Praise for our CSA:
“Really beautiful share this week. Each week has been a pleasure but this week was extra special. Thank you.”—J., Town Employee CSA customer
“We love the kimchi in this week’s share, thank you…! And thank you all for the delicious veggies, keep it up! “—2018 CSA customer