CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture, a concerted effort between grower and consumer to make local food more sustainable for all involved. By buying a share at the beginning of the season, before some crops are even planted, you are making an investment in future harvests. For twenty weeks, from June to October, join us in eating healthy fresh vegetables, enjoying beautiful fresh flowers, or both!
- Cost: $371
- Pickup: Mondays after 3 pm from our Root Cellar
- Duration: 20 weeks, June 10- October 21
- * Start date may shift due to weather. We will confirm one week prior.
- Shares distributed in reusable cloth bags
- Weekly e-newsletter provides recipes and storage tips
- $50 Current Farmer membership required, not included in price above.
- Split a large share with a partner
- Cost:$283 each + $50 Farmer membership each
- Alternate pick ups, or meet weekly to divide the share, it’s up to you & your partner
- email [email protected] for help finding a Share Pair partner
- Cost: $566
- Pick up: Wednesdays after 3 pm from our root cellar
- Duration: 20 weeks, June 12*-October 23
- *Start date may shift due to weather. We will confirm one week prior.
- shares distributed in reusable cloth bags
- Weekly e-newsletter provides storage tips and recipes
- $125 Current Crofter membership required, not included in price above.
With this card you can get a taste of every cut of our humanely raised, organically fed, free-range animals. Punch cards are available for beef, pork, or for all the meat the farm produces. Pick up your cuts when you want them and in the order you want. These make excellent gifts for the adventurous eater in your life. Some items are limited and go fast. NCOF reserves the right to substitute a cut of meat of equal value in the case of depleted inventory. We’re happy to work with any reasonable special requests or if you’d like a combination of cuts within a category. 3 options for the punch card include: Nose to Tail Pork ($150), Nose to Tail Beef ($200), and Omnivore’s Delight ($450). Email [email protected] with questions or to sign up!
- Cost: $309
- Pick up: Mondays or Wednesdays after 3 pm
- Duration: 20 weeks, June 10-October 23 or June 12-October 25
- Weekly pick ups from the NCOF root cellar
- No membership required
Choose your share length, day of the week, and for either delivery or pick up at NCOF.
Flower selection will change weekly according to what we’ve harvesting.
Most of the flowers in our arrangements will last two weeks if you clean the vase, change the water, and trim the stems.
Arrangement height and width can be customized for where it will be displayed.
Delivery limited to within 7 miles of NCOF. Please email [email protected] with specific questions.
- 20 weeks, Mondays, June 10- October 21, $510
- 15 weeks, Mondays, June 10-October 21, $386
- 7 weeks, Mondays, July 8-August 19, $180
- 7 weeks, Mondays, August 26-October 21, $180
- 20 weeks, Thursday, June 13- October 25, $510
- 15 weeks, Thursday, June 13-October 25, $386
- 7 weeks, Thursday, July 11-August 22, $180
- 7 weeks, Thursday, August 29-October 24, $180
How many pounds of vegetable will I get each week in my veggie share? We actually don’t determine your share size by pounds, because leafy crops like lettuce weigh very little, while root crops like potatoes weigh a lot. Instead, we base share size on what we’re harvesting from the fields and the cumulative dollar-value of the vegetables that we put in your share every week. Our shares tend to start out on smaller size, with cool-season greens, and then increase in size as the weather warms, and more crops come in. If we have a great growing season, you will get lots more stuff! If it’s a challenging growing season, then you’ll get less. We track the dollar-value of every item that goes into your share each week. On average, by the end of the season, NCOF’s CSA customers receive between 5% and 10% more dollars-worth of food than what they paid for their shares. This is our way of saying thank you for investing in our farm through our CSA program.
How will I know what’s coming in the share? Will I get salad greens every week? Our weekly e-newsletter will let you know what to expect in your share as well as give you tips for cooking and storing. You will get plenty of greens, but you will not get lettuce or salad every week, since they generally do not thrive during hot weather.
How late in the day can I pick up my share? You can come on your pick up day until dusk, which is pretty late in the summer. We ask you not to come after dark because people live here to help with farm security and we need to respect their privacy.
What happens to my share if I can’t get it on pick up day? We get that life sometimes gets busy. Please do your best to get here on your designated pick-up day, or to send a friend, because that’s when your food will be freshest and at its most nutritious. We will leave unclaimed shares in the root cellar for 24 hours. After that, they will get unpacked and redistributed. Sorry, but we do not have make-up shares for missed pick ups.
Why don’t you have small shares on Wednesdays too? Having only one-sized bag to pack each pick up day keeps things simpler and works better for our youth-based work force, which helps to grow, pick, process, and pack your share every week. If a large share is too many vegetables for you, please consider splitting a large share with a partner, or by asking us to match you up with a share pair. Email [email protected] for details.
Praise for our CSA:
“Really beautiful share this week. Each week has been a pleasure but this week was extra special. Thank you.”—J., Town Employee CSA customer
“We love the kimchi in this week’s share, thank you…! And thank you all for the delicious veggies, keep it up! “—2018 CSA customer