Registration for 2020-2021 Forest Gnomes is now open!
Download the application.
With over 10 years of experience, the Forest Gnomes is the only authentic Waldkindergarten in Massachusetts. While honoring the European Forest Preschool model, our program for preschool-aged children takes place in the forest– a classroom without walls, changing with the seasons.
Forest Gnomes run from September-June, and the Gnomes are outside 95% of their day, in ALL weather! Nature is our best teacher, and teachers promote unstructured free-play, imagination and exploration, far from the distractions of screens and technology. With an emphasis on seasonal rhythms, physical and social development and personal growth, the Forest Gnomes will help little ones to be more in sync with themselves, their peers, and the natural world.
- 7:1 student to teacher ratio
- Gnomes must be 3 years old by June 15 of the year they enroll
- Monday/Wednesday Session, Tuesday/Thursday Session
- All programs run 8:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Forest Gnomes run in sync with the academic calendar from September to June
- 2019-2020 Program Fees: $4,100 for Monday/Wednesday, $4,250 for Tuesday/Thursday.
- Registration for 2020/2021 Gnomes opens in January 2020.
- We highly encourage attending a Program Open Day and the Parents Open House.
Open Program Days: A chance to see the Gnomes in action and ask questions of the Teachers. Feel free to bring your potential gnome along but child attendance isn’t mandatory. The Open Program Day is for parents to really get a sense of whether or not this is a good fit for their kid/s.
- Upcoming Open Days
- Wed February 26, 9:45- 10:30 am
- Wed March 18, 9:45- 10:30 am
- Wed Apr 15, 9:45- 10:30 am
- Wed May 13, 9:45- 10:30 am
- Fri June 26, 2:45-3:30 pm
- Fri July 16, 2:45-3:30 pm
Please email [email protected] to RSVP.
- Information Night for prospective families is January 16, 2020 from 7:00-7:45 pm
- Submit application and application fee
- Claim the spot with a deposit ahead of the start of programs
- Enrollment for returning families begins on January 20, 2020
Enrollment for new families begins on January 27, 2020
Still have questions? Email [email protected].
What Gnomes Families Are Saying:
“The canopy of trees above, the pine needles beneath their feet, smoke from the fire scenting the air, and the children right at home with the simplest things – pine cones, sticks, stones, sand, shovels etc., these are their rudimentary toys. And they are having a blast! Unplugged time with the sensory experience of the forest and the secure comfort offered by her teachers. —AD. Forest Gnome Parent
“I love the nurturing attitude that exists in respect to the children. The teachers are amazing! I love how they do more by doing sometimes less. They are thoughtful and move at a wonderful pace.”—Forest Gnome Parent
“I think it is a great experience for our kids to have had. In a world so caught up in technology, this school brings us back to experiencing connections to nature and has sparked my son’s imagination, helped him to learn cooperation, and strengthen his resolve and his physical strength.”—CR, Forest Gnome Parent